St. Clare-Newport’s Adult Day Health Program offers adults with disabilities and dementia the care, companionship and support services they need in a setting designed for them.
Our multidisciplinary team works with participants and family members to customize an activity and care plan that makes the most of each individual’s time with us.
Our goal is to help participants preserve their highest level of health and functional independence in a safe, secure environment. Oftentimes, Adult Day Health can result in an improved quality of life by allowing families to delay or even avoid the need for full-time care in a nursing home.
Services available include:
- Nursing and personal care
- Medication administration
- Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech language therapy
- Exercise programs
- Meals, nutritional counseling and/or dining assistance
- Transportation to and from the center
- Recreational and social activities
- Health screenings, counseling and education
- Respite care
Our convenient location, circular driveway and front door portico make pick up and drop off easy. We are committed to increasing the health and well-being of our participants and to simplifying caregiving for family members, so that families can remain together.
PACE Organization of Rhode Island and St. Clare-Newport partner to bring PACE-RI’s comprehensive healthcare services for older adults to Aquidneck Island. PACE is a national model of care for adults 55 and older with medical challenges who want to continue living at home. PACE provides its clients with medical care, insurance, adult day care, transportation, home health care, meals, and other medical and social services. The partnership with St. Clare-Newport Adult Day allows PACE participants to get their care directly in Newport rather than traveling to Providence or Westerly. They also are able to use St. Clare’s new Adult Day Health facilities alongside other day center participants.
ADULT DAY HEALTH PROGRAM
309 Spring Street Newport, RI 02840
Tel (401) 849-3204
Fax (401) 519-7476
WHAT IS ST. CLARE-NEWPORT ADULT DAY HEALTH PROGRAM?
St. Clare-Newport Adult Day Health Program is a safe, comfortable day program staffed by caring and skilled individuals who provide individualized and comprehensive health, personal care, social and therapeutic services.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND?
- Individuals who have a confirmed diagnosis of cognitive impairment, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias
- Individuals who have cardiac diseases including CHF, CAD, and A-fib; pulmonary disorders such as COPD and emphysema; neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease and history of stroke; and those with diabetes
- Individuals who have a need for assistance with meal preparation; treatments/medication administration; personal hygiene including bathing, dressing or grooming; nutritional counseling; or ongoing assessment of health status
- Individuals who would benefit from structured, meaningful activities which encourage social stimulation and engagement.
MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY OF ST. CLARE-NEWPORT ADULT DAY HEALTH PROGRAM
- It is the mission of St. Clare-Newport to improve the quality of life for its family and community through care and service.
- It is the philosophy of St. Clare-Newport to provide programming to individuals that focuses on the whole person and their family. The goal will be to provide services that enhance and complement other community services that are in place and maintain functional status and non-institutional community residence.
HOURS OF OPERATION AND NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY
- Clare-Newport Adult Day Health Program is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Half day programming is available, and hours for half day participation can be arranged according to the participant’s needs.
- Clare-Newport Adult Day Health Program will not discriminate in serving any person on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, or veteran status.
HOW TO ENROLL IN ST. CLARE-NEWPORT ADULT DAY HEALTH PROGRAM
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the program director, Christy L Ross, RN at (401) 849-3204 ext. 734 or the case manager at ext. 719. We can arrange for a tour of our facility and/or schedule an intake appointment.
Please drop off completed forms during hours of operation or mail to:
St. Clare-Newport Adult Day Health Program
309 Spring Street
Newport, RI 02840
Services Provided by St. Clare-Newport Adult Day Health Program
Care provided by a registered nurse
- Monthly health assessments: BP, pulse, respiration, temperature and weight
- Medical follow-up and care coordination with participant’s private physician
- Multidisciplinary care planning
- Nutritional supervision and management of special diets
Health care may also include services as needed
- Dispensing of medications by a registered nurse (RN) or a certified med tech (CMT)
- Dressing changes
- Injections (e.g. insulin)
- Health assessments
- Outpatient services (PT, OT, SLP, aqua therapy) are available onsite through Innovations Rehabilitation
- Showers provided weekly and as needed by certified nursing assistants (CNA)
- Toileting assistance
- Hair dressing services (wash, cut, styling, color, perm), manicure and massage provided in house for an additional fee
- Lunch and 2 snacks are provided for full day program, lunch and 1 snack are provided for half day participation
- Feeding assistance and cueing for meals as needed
- Arts and crafts
- Exercise, movement therapy
- Music therapy
- Games, both hands-on and those for mental/cognitive stimulation
- Trivia and sing-alongs
Social Services/Care Management:
- Care coordination for in home services, therapeutic services (OT/PT/SLP), and scheduling appointments
- Support groups for caregivers
- Assistance with long term care planning